With temperatures in the 90’s and heat index in the 100’s, surviving the heat on the golf course is very important. So what can you do.
- Wear loose light colored clothing. Tight and dark clothing trap the heat leading to overheating.
- Wear a good hat. Keeping shade on your head is a great idea.
- If you have great if not think about getting a cooling towel that you wet before and in the middle of your round and put around your neck.
- Plenty of fluids. Make sure you have water or Gatorade/PowerAide to keep you hydrated. Alcohol is not a good alternative as it will not hydrate you and may cause you to sweat even faster not to mention get you inebriated faster.
- If you are a walker don’t be afraid to use your umbrella to keep shade over you.
- Play early or later when the sun is not at its peak.
Remember, be safe and keep an eye on your fellow golfers. And as always have fun.